Unfortunately in the last few hours we have seen the situation in Italy worsen as regards the Coronavirus epidemic. The latest press conference of the Head of Civil Protection Angelo Borrelli at 18 pm on March 5 reports that we have: 3.858 people who contracted the virus, currently positive 3296, 148 deceased and 414 recovered.
More specifically, among the 3.296 positives, 1165 are in home isolation, 1790 are hospitalized with symptoms, and 351 are in intensive care.
Today, to try to counter a greater spread of the epidemic in Italy, Xiaomi has decided to make a donation to the Civil Protection. As you may have already guessed from the title, it is not about money, but about FFP3 type masks; much more valuable in this period of crisis.
Xiaomi Italia has also released a statement saying that:
Since we arrived two years ago, we have felt loved and deeply integrated into the life of the country. This is also why we felt the duty to support Italy in the management of the COVID-19 epidemic, by donating a first important quantity of FFP3 masks.
The material is arriving at the Civil Protection Department, responsible for coordinating the distribution to local authorities in need and to the other bodies directly involved.
“We are waves from the same sea, leaves from the same tree, flowers from the same garden” (Seneca)
Given the scarcity of suitable masks to protect the uninfected from the infected, we must all thank Xiaomi for this donation which obviously was not due. In addition, we would like to remind you that masks must be used above all (if not only) by those who think they are infected or show some symptoms, and not by those who are sure they are healthy.
Below are the “Ten behaviors to follow” issued by the ministry of health:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based gel
- Avoid close contact with people suffering from acute respiratory infections
- Do not touch your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands
- Cover your mouth and nose with disposable tissues when you sneeze or cough. If you don’t have a handkerchief, use your elbow crease
- Do not take antiviral drugs or antibiotics without a doctor’s prescription
- Clean the surfaces with chlorine or alcohol based disinfectants
- Use the mask only if you suspect that you are sick or if you care for sick people
- MADE IN CHINA products and parcels received from China are not dangerous
- Pets do not spread the new coronavirus
- If in doubt, do not go to the emergency room, call your family doctor and follow his instructions