In his latest weekly report about Israeli settlements activities in the occupied West Bank including Jerusalem the National Bureau for the Defense of Land stated , that the Israeli government’s colluded with the settlers and cares for the Jewish terrorist organizations, such as, Pay The Price, Derekh Haim and others have distributed photographs of the Palestinian President, Mah’d Abbas in the West Bank and inside the settlements calling for his death, attached by a Hebrew-sentence: “Assassinate the financiers of terrorism,” under the Israeli and American’s charges against the Palestinian leadership that accused him of incitement against Israel and the payment of funds for Palestinian prisoners and their families. This has brought to mind the Israeli-American incitement that preceded the siege of the late President Yasser Arafat, and mayors in the West Bank, who have been targeted by the Zionist organizations in 1980.
This was accompanied by the attacks on Palestinian citizens and their properties, where the West Bank’s roads witnessed roistering by settlers, accompanied by damaging vehicles and detaining people for long hours through military checkpoints throughout the West Bank. At the same time, the Israeli government took a series of decisions and retaliatory measures to put more land on the Palestinian land, where Netanyahu took a decision to legitimize more settler homes in the West Bank, and his legal adviser, Avihai Mandelblit’s call to allow the construction of 82 settlement units in the Ofer settlement, in coordination with the Israeli Justice Minister, Elit Shaked, to legitimize 2000 settlement house in the West Bank.
On the other hand, the Israeli Ministerial Committee discusses the “Settlement 2” draft law at the end of the week, in which MK, Betzalel Smutritch of the Jewish House Party is working to legitimize 66 illegal settlement outposts built illegally in the West Bank, knowing that all settlements are illegal under the International Law. In May 2017, the inner cabinet has decided to form a team for this purpose, but its members were not named. In January, Pinhas Fellerstein was appointed head of the team, and a budget of NIS 10 million was yearly allocated for 3 years to “settle” outposts built on land considered by the occupation to be a “State lands.
Within the context of the development of infrastructure and road networks, the Israeli Authorities are implementing the Adam Junction on Sts. 60 and 437 between Jerusalem and the settlement of Beit El, north of Ramallah, at a cost of NIS 60 million. Knowing that the Junction that the Palestinians named it as Jaba’ Junction because it is adjece to the Jaba’ town. It is a very important one in the West Bank with because it connects Jerusalem, Ramallah and Nablus Governorates.
Moreover, the Israeli Authorities decided to extend water lines from the settlement of Shvut Rachel to Magdulim for 7 km over the lands of Qusra and Jalud south of Nablus in order to expand and deepen the settlement activity in an area that links the 1948 borders with the Palestinian valleys. Thus, the water line # 06/996/2018 was set up to give water to the outposts east of the Shvut Rache settlement.
At the same time, scores of settlers, led by KM, Betzeliel Smutritch, stormed last week, the 2-year evacuated Amona outpost, which was built on private Palestinian land in the Ramallah area that was declared by the Israeli occupation as a closed military zone, and they erected 2 structures on the ruins of the outpost.
On the other hand, according to reports handed over to US tax authorities, 11 right-wing evangelical organizations have raised between $ 50 – 65 million recently to finance settlement projects in the West Bank. One such organizations is, the “Jubilee,” that sends evangelical volunteers to the “Har Bracha” settlement south of Eibal, Nablus, one of the evangelical organizations that act in what it calls the “biblical heart of the country.” Over the last 10 years, the Jubilee organization has sent about 1,700 volunteers to the settlement. The Israeli Ministry of Strategic Affairs, headed by Internal Security Minister, Erdan, announced that Jubilee will receive $ 16,000 a year starting this year in the light of its activity in favor of Israel and settlements among evangelical communities in the United States.
A list of Israeli Occupation and Settlers’ Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
- A collapse of a 3-donum area of agricultural land, resulted from excavation works that was confiscated by the Israeli occupation authorities to be used a parking in the Wadi Hilweh Neighborhood of Silwan, which might cause the collapse of the Ein Silwan Mosque and the kindergarten of the Muslim child, where 250 children learn.
- Demolishing a house and a parking lot in the town of Silwan, under the pretext of building without a permit.
- Forcing the Hashima family to demolish its two-story residential building in Silwan, displacing 14 Palestinians, including children.
- A provocative march in the Old City of Jerusalem coincides with the end of the so-called candle festival or the Hebrew Hanukkah.
- Attacking a house belonging to Natsheh family near Beit Romano, assaulted the family inside the house to take out its inhabitants.
- Attacking the Al-Tadhamy 13 mixed-Elementary School near the Samoua main entrance, stole the tents and furniture that were temporarily used until rebuilding the school.
- Invading the Mamas area near the Halhol town in norder to perform a celebration of the Jewish lights festival.
- Storming the Prophet Younis tomb in the Halhol town, performed Talmudic rites.
- Opening a road that connects the “Kiryat Arba settlement” east of Hebron.
- Running over citizen, Yosif Nafea, 60, by Israeli settlers in the Beitin village, east of Ramallah, wrote racist slogans on the walls of houses and vehicles.
- Attacking the houses of citizens near the Jalazun Refugee Camp, damaged their vehicles on the road adjacent to the town of Ramoun east of the city of Ramallah, threw stones, and carried out barbaric work in the place.
- Demolishing a Palestinian building adjacent to the settlement of Beit Eil.
- Handing over notification to stop construction for the administration of the Froush Beit Dajan Secondary Mixed School.
- Storming the Tomb of Yousef, east of Nablus, during which soldiers fired sound and tear gas bombs, storming the Jabal al-Urma summit in the town of Bita, south of Nablus.
- Throwing stones at Palestinian vehicles, near the Hawara military checkpoint.
- Attacking houses of citizens in the eastern area of the village of Asira-Qibliya with the protection of the Israeli occupation forces, throwing stones at the houses, attacking civilian vehicles in Huwara St. south of Nablus.
- Excavation works to expand the settlement of Karnei Shomron, and preparing the infrastructure for the construction of 1,200 settlement units.
- Assaulting civilian vehicles in front of Kafr Lakheq village, east of Qalqilya.
- Demolishing a house in the village of Jiftlik in the central valley, injuring the owner of the house before being arresting him, preventing the provision of first aid for him.
- Threatening the expulsion of 14 families from the inhabitants of Khirbat Ibizig northeast of Tubas, under the pretext of military exercises.
Source: The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements