The National Bureau for defending land and resisting settlements stated in its latest weekly report , that during his visit to the illegal Jewish settlement of Mitzpe Yeriho in Jordan Valley , with a number of ministers and Israeli settlement leaders in the West Bank, in the presence of religious Jewish students, Netanyahu, renews his vows to implement Israeli sovereignty over the entire Jordan Valley, saying, “this is Israeli land, our ancestors’ land, we returned, and we’ll never leave it, so the first thing we are going to do is, implementing Israeli sovereignty over it.”
In his turn, Israeli Occupation Army Minister, Neftali Bennit issued new orders to establish a new settlement outpost in the heart of Hebron, and to stop construction in what he described as “Palestinian – European’s Area C, which constitutes 60%, as well as, taking steps to stop EU financing of Palestinian construction there.
Within the context, the 2019 year witnessed the occurrence of 256 violent incidents carried out by the terrorist “pay the price gangs,” besides, hate crimes against the Palestinians, as more than 50 sabotage attacks against Palestinian property occurred during the year, the same number recorded in 2018, but it is 3-time higher than it was in 2017. It is reported that the Israeli B’Tselem indicated that most of settler attacks are not punished by the Israeli courts, which means tacit approval of the occupation army for these attacks, which prompted settler terrorists to carry out a new crime, so they burn vehicles, write anti-Palestinian slogans, the last of which in the Farta’a village, east of Qalqilya. They also targeted the Khalaileh Neighborhood, northwest of occupied Jerusalem, adjacent to the settlement of Givat Ze’ev, where they wrote racist slogans and damaged 18 vehicles’ tires.
On the other hand, data published by the Israeli government indicates that budgets for settlements during the last 10 years in the West Bank, including Jerusalem were NIS 390,000,000 i.e. $ 107,000,000 in the first quarter of this year, and this amount is higher than the amount of budgets for settlements in the first quarter of the last ten years. In the past 2018, the occupation government had allocated NIS 1.4,000,000 to settlements, including the Golan Heights settlements, and this amount was about 235 million shekels less than the budgets of the settlements in 2017. But the budgets for the year 2018 were higher than the budgets for the settlements in 2011- 2016 years.
At the international level, despite the consensus on the illegality of Israeli settlements, and the adoption of Security Council Resolution 2334 by 14 votes out of 15, as well as the abstention by the United States of America to vote on 23 Dec., 2016, the Trump’s administration continuous support the Israeli occupation government in its settlement activities at the expense of Palestinian rights, as the American delegate to the United Nations, Kelly Kraft, attacked Security Council Resolution 2334 during her intervention in a recent Security Council session on “the situation in the Middle East” including the Palestinian Cause because the resolution directs unfair criticism to Israel.
On the other hand, for the first time, the United Nations Committee against All Forms of Racial Discrimination approved Israeli practices of apartheid policies against the Palestinian people on both sides of the Green Line. In its conclusions and recommendations, the committee published after the regular session held in Geneva, Switzerland, the number of violations committed by Israel against the Palestinians and their fundamental rights through the racial discrimination that it has entrenched in its policies and legislation, such as the law of “acceptance committees, settlement policies, and the law of family unification,” … etc. The committee considered the” National law” as a racist one, and violates the provisions of the agreement signed by Israel.
A list of Israeli Settlers’ Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
- Forcing citizen, Nasser Abu-Zaiter, himself to demolish his house in the Jabal Al-Mukaber town southeast of occupied Jerusalem.
- Demolishing a house in Al-Issawiya, Jerusalem, under the pretext of building without a permit.
- The so-called so-called “Temple Communities” are preparing to carry out wide-ranging incursions into the Al-Aqsa Mosque during the coming week, to celebrate the so-called Jewish “Anwar al-Hanukah” festival, where “Women for the Temple” and “Students for the Temple” organizations launched a biblical program that starts next Sunday.
- Demolishing agricultural barracks in the Deir-Razih village, Dura, under the pretext of building without a permit, in addition to bulldozing Palestinian lands overlooking the bypass settlement road 60.
- Seizing equipment of a blacksmith’s workshop, owned by Nidal and Youssef Abdel-Qader Al-Owawi.
- Preventing farmers in the Al-Hijrah area, east of Dura, south of Hebron from selling their agricultural crops from their nurseries near the main street, closing entrances with barbed wires to prevent farmers from marketing their products.
- Uprooting 300 olive trees from a 30-donum area of land, owned by Hisham El-Barmil, in the Al-Khader town, south of Bethlehem.
- Demolishing a house in the “al-Makhrour” area near Beit Jala, owned by Ramzi Qaysia.
- Demolishing a 120 m2 house , belonging to Samih Ahmed Salah in the Al-Khader town under the pretext of building without a permit.
- Injuring citizen, Atallah Ibrahim Obidat, 52, from the Kisan area, to the east of Bethlehem, after settlers’ dogs attacked him while working in his field.
- Seizing a cave located in the lands of Jamjoom, between the Nahalin and Al-Jab’a towns, attacking vehicle of citizen, Akrama Hamdan with stones causing several damages, and wounds to him.
- Wounding a worker by the Israeli occupation forces on the agricultural gate near the Apartheid Wall, north of Qaffin, north of Tulkarm, many others were suffocated, as well.
- Preventing more than 40 Palestinian families, consist of 250 people from Al-Hadidia area and the Homs community from accessing their lands.
- Damaging heavy equipment belonging to the contractor, Salah Al-Zaid from Jenin during his work on paving a road in the Jordan Valley, seizing a bulldozer belonging to the citizen, Jamal Nayef Abu Arra, while working in the Tobas plain.
- Preventing people from planting their lands in the northern Jordan Valley in the “Al-Shaq” and the Om-Jamal area, seizing an agricultural tractor belonging to the citizen, Mafdi Lafi, threatening to seize any tractor there.
Source: The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements