The Israeli Knesset approved the National Law with the majority of 62 members, 5 against and two abstentions, which means the establishment of racist regime. The National law stipulated that Israel is the Jewish people homeland, the right to self-determination in the Israeli State is merely limited to Jews, the emigration to get citizenship is for Jews only, Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, Hebrew is the official language of the State; Arabic is no longer a formal language like Russian, and that the State encourages the Jewish settlement throughout Palestine.
The above mentioned law is considered the most dangerous one enacted by the Knesset as it draws the constitutional identity of the regime in a way that affects the interpretation of the laws in courts, where “the Jewish people alone is the sovereign in the state,” thus, justify discrimination in specifying the rights between Jews and Arabs, and legalize settlement on the occupied land of the 1967 aggression, thwart opportunities for a achieving 2 states solution and annuls the refugees right of return.
Simultaneously, the Knesset approved a draft law in the 2nd and 3rd reading presented by the Minister of Justice, Illit Shaked, which withdraws the Israeli high Court right’s to view the Palestinian appeals living in the occupied Palestinian territories of 1967.The draft law entitled the Central Court in Jerusalem the right to discuss the administrative decisions on issues related to planning and construction in the West Bank as well as restricting the Palestinian movement.
Within the context a report issued by Peace Now and the Israeli Freedom of Information Movement showed that Israeli authorities discriminate in the administration of the so-called “state lands” in the West Bank, occupied since 1967. According to Israeli data for 2011, 600,000 dunums of “state lands” were allocated to the settlements and 400,000 “to the Settlement Brigade,” which means that 370 dunums of land have been allocated to the settlements in return for 1 dunum for the Palestinians, and more than 18,000 dunums were allocated for Industrial and commercial settlement purposes in 2011. For each dunam received by Palestinians from the state land in the West Bank, settlement received 370 dunums that is a violation of the Hague Convention of 1907. Article 55 of the Convention stipulates that the Occupying Power shall be considered an administrative officer and beneficiary of the occupied public institutions and buildings as well as forests and farmlands.
On the other hand, the Ministry of Finance and the Israel Population and Immigration Authority are planning to use about NIS 380,000,000 from the sickness compensation fund collected from Palestinian workers working in Israel with permits in order to develop “crossings” through which Palestinians enter Israel. Israeli employers automatically deduct 2.5% of the wages of Palestinian workers for the “fund.”
According to the official data submitted by the Israeli occupation authorities on the basis of a petition submitted by “Kav LaOved” and “Association for Civil Rights in Israel”, the High Court reveals that a small percentage of Palestinian workers have received sick compensation e.g. In 2017-2014, 5% of the 70-50 thousand workers are entitled to sickness fees. According to data provided by the occupation State in 2018 stated that no Palestinian worker received the sickness fees “due to difficulties in working with the company that provides the state with medical documents.”
Within the context of settlement activities, the Israeli occupation authorities have approved a plan to open a settler road linking the “Ofarim” and “Beit Aryeh” settlements to the confiscated land west of Ramallah. Moreover, the Israeli occupation authorities announced the detailed plan (6-201), which aims to controlling an area of 324 dunums of the land of the citizens in the villages of Al-Loban Al-Gharbeieh and Aboud west of Ramallah.
A list of Israeli Occupation and Settlers’ Assaults over the Last Week, Documented by the National Bureau:
- Forcing the 25 years old, Ahmed Moh’d Nemer to demolish his 90 meters house to avoid paying fines if he didn’t do so.
- The so-called “Women in Green” Jewish extremist group called on its supporters and the settlers to join mass march in Old Jerusalem in memory of what it called “the destruction of the Temple.” Touring the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem to assert Jewish sovereignty over Jerusalem, the eternal capital of Israel as they named it.
- Demolishing a retaining wall in the Mount of Olives overlooking the Old Jerusalem surrounds a plot of land belonging to the Al-Qam family. The occupation claimed that the demolition came under the pretext of not being license.
- Forcing Jerusalemite, Jamal Hadiya to evacuate his house in al-Thawri neighbourhood, south of Al-Aqsa Mosque, under the pretext of building without a permit, and demolishing a house belonging to Saleh Abu-Khudair in Shu’fat neighborhood in Jerusalem.
- Demolishing a house in Al-Tur neighbourhood, east of the Old City of Jerusalem under the pretext of building without a permit, belonging to the Abu-Sbeitan family. It is an apartment in a 5-storey building on the 5th floor. Moreover, demolishing 2 houses in Beit Hanina for the same reason.
- Notification to demolish a 40-year-old house belonging to Ibrahim Abdul Hamid Ahmed Abu-Mariya in the Beit Omar town, besides sheep tent in the Khallat al-Faran, west of Yatta.
- Throwing stones against a house belonging to Hani al-‘Ezza in the Tel Rumeida neighbourhood, destroyed the family’s property and crops. The Azza family pointed out that the settlers cursed them with foul words.
- Destroying a section of barbed wire set up by the Abu-Eisha family in the Tel Rumeida neighbourhood in the centre of Hebron to protect its factory and house from daily settler attacks.
- Invading the Susiya area south of Yatta, wearing religious clothes, performing Talmudic rituals.Bethlehem:
- A decision to confiscate a land and return it to what it was within 45 days in the Khader town to the south of Bethlehem, named “Mount Zqendh” with an area of about 200 acres.
- Destructing farms of cucumbers and tomatoes in the lands of al-Khader, south of Bethlehem. Moreover, the Israeli occupation forces also distributed notification orders to residents of the Khader town warning them of severe penalties if they participate in national anti-occupation activities.
- Attacking the “Walk in the Country” group in the Beitelu and Ein al-Zarqa villages and preventing them from reaching the area.
- Settlement expansion and uprooted more than 350 olive trees and other fruit trees during the past few days east of the town of Deir Balut west of Salfit and handed over order to Jabr Murshid to stop construction in his land, another order to Taysir Abdullah to demolish sheep and cows tent built on an area of 2 donums, handed over him an order to demolition it in 2002.
- Invading the Kifl Hares town, east of Salfit, to perform Talmudic rituals in the town, at the same time assaulted an elderly man, who tried to open the old mosque to perform Fajr prayer.
- Shooting AMAR Hamad, 30, with a rubber bullet in Aseras Qebleia, and setting to fire scores of donums planted with olive trees.
- Demolishing 2 houses in al-Duyuk al-Tahta village, west of Jericho, under the pretext of building without a permit, one of them is 120 sq.m.
- Destroying water lines that irrigate about 3,000 dunums of agricultural land in the area of Froush Beit Dajan in the central Jordan Valley, and started to close and dig the main water lines
- Confiscating civilian facilities in the Farsi area in the northern Jordan Valley.
- Erecting a new settlement outpost on thousands of dunums threatened with confiscation in Khirbet al-Mazuqh in the northern Jordan Valley. They set up barricades and set up cowsheds and placed solar cells there.
For further information, please click the following link: www.nbprs.ps
Source: The National Bureau for Defending Land and Resisting Settlements