Israeli occupation forces killed 59 Palestinians on Friday and wounded more than 430 others, including many suffering from serious injuries spokesman of the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza Ashraf Al-Qidra said.
This toll on the twelfth day of the Israeli war on Gaza makes Friday the deadliest day since the beginning of the war, ‘Operation Protective Edge.’
Overnight Israeli occupation forces continued targeting residential houses and civilians as the number of deaths since the beginning of the war became 308 and the wounded became 2,235.
Al-Qidra said that the Israeli occupation massacred a number of families on Friday. The most “awful” massacre, he said, was the one committed against the Abu-Jarad family in the city of Beit Hanoun, north of the Gaza Strip.
Eight members of the same family were killed and paramedics unable to reach the family because of continuous tank shelling in the area.
From the north to the south of the Strip, the city of Rafah, the Israeli shelling killed four Palestinian citizens; three of them members of Abu-Sneenah family.
In Al-Tuffah neighbourhood in Gaza city, the Israeli tank shelling also killed the two young brothers from the Alwan family, a 13 year-old girl Sarah Bustan and infant Reziq Al-Hayek.
In the city of Khan Younis in the south of the Gaza Strip, a first aid worker was called for help and when he arrived was surprised to see that his brother and nephews had been targeted by an Israeli tank shell that killed four of them.
Israel began a massive war on Gaza on 7 July. It has killed over 300 Palestinians and wounded more than 2,000.
According to the initial statistics from the housing and public work ministry, Israel has completely destroyed over 600 houses and partially destroyed over 14,000.
OCHA said on Thursday that more than 96,000 Palestinians in Gaza are in need of shelters after they were displaced when Israel destroyed their houses.