The Levant News–
Lebanese Interior Minister Nuhad Mashnouq says security forces have detained nine people in connection with the recent deadly twin bombings in the country’s capital, Beirut.
Mashnouq said during a televised conference on Sunday that the detainees included two suspects who had planned Thursday’s bombings.
He added that the entire “bombing network and its supporters were arrested in the 48 hours following the explosion.”
The detainees, who included seven Syrian nationals and two Lebanese, were arrested in the capital’s eastern district of Ashrafieh.
He also said that a trafficker, who smuggled the terrorists across the Lebanese border, was also among those arrested.
On Saturday, Lebanese security sources said six people had been detained.
On November 12, 44 people were killed and some 240 others wounded after two large explosions claimed by Daesh militants rocked a security post in Hussaineya Street in the crowded Borj al-Barajneh neighborhood in a southern suburb of Beirut.
According to Lebanese officials, the terrorists initially planned to send five attackers to a hospital in the area. However, the plan was changed due to heavy security presence.
Daesh terrorists have been committing gruesome crimes and terrorized members of various communities, including Shias, Sunnis, Kurds and Christians during their onslaught in the region.
Over the past months, the Lebanese army and the country’s resistance movement Hezbollah have been carrying out operations against the terrorist groups of al-Nusra Front and Daesh in the Lebanese town of Arsal on the border with Syria. Hezbollah has also been helping the government in Damascus in its fight against terrorists in Syria.
Source: Press TV.