THE LEVANT NEWS–BEIRUT: The double suicide attack that targeted a southern Beirut suburb earlier this week only increases Hezbollah’s determination to fight ISIS in Syria, party chief Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah said Saturday.
“If they (ISIS) assume that killing our men and women and children and burning our markets could weaken our determination, then they are mistaken,” Nasrallah said in a live televised address.
The attack “will increase our determination… We will go and search for open fronts with ISIS,” he warned, two days after a pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up in the suburb of Burj al-Barajneh.
The attack, which killed at least 46 people and wounded more than 200, was widely condemned by Lebanese of all stripes, including Hezbollah’s rivals, exposing a rare moment of national solidarity in the deeply divided society.
Nasrallah expressed gratitude to the security forces, civilians and parties who offered a helping hand after the attack and who offered their condolences to the victims, pleading with rivals to keep the momentum of solidarity going for as long as possible.
Source: The Daily Star